The Firm is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information. In the course of the Firm’s business, it asks potential clients to provide certain information. This Privacy Notice describes how the Firm collects and uses your personal information, the categories of personal information it collects, and instances where the Firm may disclose your personal information to third parties. The Firm will only collect and process your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, unless otherwise required by applicable law.
The Policy does not apply to any information received by Crone Law Office from you or from any other sources on your behalf outside of the Website, including in the course of any client-lawyer relationship. Should you ultimately formally enter into a client-lawyer relationship with the Crone Law Office, the Firm’s obligations with respect to information that it receives from you during the course of that relationship will be governed by applicable Rules of Professional Conduct and other applicable law.
Please review the Policy carefully. By accessing the Website, you are indicating your agreement to the Policy. The Firm reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, without notice. Such changes will be incorporated into this document and posted on the Website and will become effective as soon as they are posted on the Website. The current version of the Policy supersedes any prior versions.
Categories of Personal Information Company Collects and How We Use It
As you are probably aware, the Firm may collect information through the use of the Website from a variety of sources – this includes (i) information you may choose to provide while on the Website (such as information about your business or occupation, as well as personal identification information such as name, birth dates, addresses, social security and drivers’ license numbers, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses) and (ii) information the Website collects automatically.
The following are some examples of information you may choose to provide while using the Website:
- Device used, referring domain, and location.
- Consumers who fill out a contact form will also provide name, phone number, email address, and other information.
- Consumers who call the Firm might have their name and phone number captured.
- The Website also collects certain information automatically when you access or use the Website. For example, the Firm may monitor and compile statistical information concerning the usage of the Website. This information allows the Firm to monitor its utilization and continuously improve its quality. Examples of this information would include, but not be limited to, the number of visitors to the Website, or to sections or pages within the Website, patterns of traffic flowing through the Website, length of time spent on the Website, or in sections or pages of the Website, the other sites that refer visitors to the Website, the pages of the Website that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Website, etc.
- In order to compile this information, the Firm may collect and store your IP address, your operating system version, your browser version, the pages you visit within the Website, the length of time you spend on pages within the Website, the site from which you linked to ours, search terms you used in search engines which resulted in you linking to the Website, etc. While all of this information can be associated with the IP address your computer had while you visited the Website, it will not be associated with you as an individual, or associated with any other information you may submit through the Website, or that the Firm may store about you for any other purposes.
- the Firm uses information that is collected through the Website for various purposes including, but not limited to, administration of the Websites, improving the Website experience for visitors, market research, data analytics, compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, and to be able to communicate with and/or respond to inquiries from Website visitors.
The Firm will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without first providing you with additional and/or updated notice.
Disclosure to Third Parties
The Firm does not sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third parties for any monetary consideration. The Firm may also use and share this information with third party Firm vendors to enable those vendors to provide services to the Firm for which they have been retained and/or to enhance Website functionality. The Firm reserves the right to disclose any information obtained through or in connection with the operation of the Website in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, or similar legal process which compels the disclosure of such information. The Firm will not knowingly sell, rent, or share information obtained through the use of its Website with any unaffiliated third parties for their commercial benefit except as permitted or required by law. For example, we reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
The Firm reserves the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time, and will provide you with a new Privacy Notice when and if any updates are made. If the Firm would like to use your previously collected personal data for different purposes than those it notified you about at the time of collection, the Firm will provide you with notice and, where required by law, seek your consent, before using your personal data for a new or unrelated purpose. The Firm may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent only where required by applicable law or regulation.
Accessing the Website Outside the United States
If you reside outside the United States, any information that you may provide to the Firm through the Website will be transferred out of your country and into the United States. If you do not wish for your personal information to leave your country, please do not provide such information. By providing personal information via the Website, you expressly consent to the transfer of your information to the United States.
The Policy is governed by the internal substantive laws of California, without regard to its conflict of laws principals. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under or out of the Policy shall lie exclusively with the state and federal courts within California. If any provision of the Policy is found to be invalid by a court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Policy, which shall remain in full force and effect.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE FIRM HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES THAT MAY OCCUR WHILE ACCESSING THE SITE, OR ANY LINKED SITE, OR THE INABILITY TO ACCESS THESE SITES; OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE; OR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE BREACH OF THE POLICY, HOWEVER OCCASIONED.
Updated June 21, 2021.